USAMustangs.com

PayPal Donate | Top Donors Register Members List New Posts
Go Back   USAMustangs Forums > USAM Member Center > Member Lounge
HomepageForum Myspace | Facebook Arcade Timeslips vBGarage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Keep or sell
Sell stang, lease new car use moneys for place to live 0 0%
sell/trade buy new car 0 0%
keep stang 8 100.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
Shaffe
MOST WANTED

Member No.: 17

Vehicle Info:
Ride:2007 Mustang GT
Nickname:The Widow Maker
Transmission:5R55S
Induction:N/A

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Thinking about getting rid of the stang

again I know another one of those threads. All though this time I think there is more logic in my thinking.

First off, the mustang is paid off so I know that the "well now your gonna take on a car payment" is a strong argument to keeping the mustang.

Now here is my line of thinking. The mustang is racking up the miles quickly, its out of warranty and is currently sitting at 61K miles and change and its value is dropping fast hahaha. estimated trade in value from when i looked earlier this year is down from 17 to 14.9 if im lucky. Plus i drive it everyday no matter what. so its gonna keep racking up miles. Don't get me wrong I love the car.

Now reasons why I'm thinking about getting rid of it. I will be getting engaged by the end of the year, so me and the girl are looking at places to live. by my estimates we will be fine with expenses and stuff and the mustang wont be a problem(ie gas insurance etc that wont break our budget), but something breaks on it with it being out of warranty is gonna hurt our budget big time. So having a car with a warranty would be nice.

other logic, is sell the mustang out right and lease a car. This would let me use the funds from the mustang to add to my savings and have a nice down payment on a place, but having a car payment or lease payment adds to my monthly budget. Lease is looking like around 200 a month, buying looks like i could get for my car and some cash around 148 a month

Car im looking at is a Fusion or Focus

Beater is not really something Im lookin at, if it was just for the winter yeah no problem, but im looking for something reliable and with a warranty hence looking for a new vehicle.